Thursday, November 18, 2010

What to wear to the Pemberley ball?

I can whip out a blog post in a fairly short amount of time, but yesterday I spent an hour looking for a dress to wear to the Pemberley ball. Being a woman of a certain age, I wanted to wear something elegant, but nothing that would steal the limelight away from the younger girls who had just come out. I chose the dress at left. What do you think? Did I choose well?

I was also asked to send a picture of my favorite Mr. Darcy, and here is the portrait that hangs in my bedroom. Every thought I have regarding Mr. Darcy is of a maternal nature. I swear.

Please be sure to visit Velvet's blog so that you too might attend the Pemberley Ball.

P.S. I'm not crazy about the hat. It looks like I have wheat stuck in my hair.

5 comments:

  1. Woohoo, this is fun! I'd love to go to the Pemberley ball. I think you chose a lovely dress. And a great Darcy.:) I'm partial to Matthew MacFadyen's portrayal of the charater as well. He's arrogant, but vulnerable too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Irena, Come to the ball, and let me know what you are wearing. Meredith at Austenesque Reviews chose a gorgeous white dress. :) Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Mary what a most stylish fashion you are to wear! Caroline Bingley won't be able to say a word against it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a very elegant dress, Mary! I haven't found the right dress yet. But I have to disagree with your choice of Mr. Darcy, haha. Colin Firth is my only choice.

    My Darcy Mutates

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would lose the hat as well. A great updo would suffice, possible with flowers in your hair. See you there!

    ReplyDelete